Please be advised that whilst we will take all reasonable care to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus both sellers/occupiers and applicants/viewers are ultimately responsible for their own personal safety and undertake/accept viewings at their own risk.
Our policy has been written based on the Government Guidance which you can read here.
Prior to booking any ‘in person’ viewing the following must be satisfied:
The applicant has viewed any Virtual or Video tour available and spoken to a member of staff about their specific requirements to make sure the property is suitable.
The applicant is in a position to proceed, i.e. they have secured a buyer on their own property (with a complete chain) or can proceed without selling.
The applicant (or anyone in their household) has not had any symptoms within the last 10 days and does not have Coronavirus.
The applicant undertakes not to touch any surface within the property.
If purchasing and requires a mortgage the applicant has a current agreement in principle for a mortgage.
The seller/occupier must refuse or cancel the viewing if anyone in the household has had symptoms within the last 10 days or has Coronavirus.
Prior to attending any ‘in person’ viewing the following must be satisfied:
- The seller/occupier confirms that they will vacate the property for the duration of the viewing.
- The seller/occupier has cleaned the property including any external door handles etc before vacating the property, leaving internal & cupboard doors open.
- The applicant must confirm that they, or anyone in their household, have not had any symptoms within the last 10 days and does not have Coronavirus.
- We would request that the applicant should arrive wearing a face covering.
- The applicant must wait outside the property (preferably in their vehicle) until the staff member confirms they can come in.
- The staff member will ensure that all internal doors are already open and any lights required already switched on (if possible the seller/occupier should do this before leaving the house).
- The staff member must ensure that the vendor/occupier has left the premises before allowing the applicants in.
At the viewing:
- We request that the applicant uses hand sanitiser prior to entering the property.
- No more than two adults, & then only if from the same household, in addition to the staff member, may attend the viewing.
- A 2 metre distance should be maintained between the applicant/s and staff member wherever possible.
- Under no circumstances should hands be shaken.
- The staff member must wear a face covering when attending a property.
After the viewing:
- The staff member should make sure the applicants have left the premises before the vendor/occupier returns (or another viewer arrives).
- On return to the office (or home) the staff member should wash their hands thoroughly.
Please note that should any of the above conditions not be met Knights Property Services reserve the right to immediately cancel or end the viewing.
From everyone at Knights Property Services
For all the latest information about the Coronavirus ( Covid-19) Please visit the links below:
Selling or Renting
What’s your property worth?
Free instant online valuation.