Knights Property Services Covid-19 ‘Be clean – Stay safe’ policy
The health and safety of our customers and staff is paramount so we have prepared this policy to be adhered to during the Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic period.
For visitors to our offices
- If the front office space is already occupied please wait outside for them to leave.
- Please maintain a 2m distance from staff wherever possible.
- If handing over paperwork or keys please place on the desk at the front of the office.
- We will sanitise keys with an antibacterial wipe or spray prior to hand over.
- To lessen the risk of transmission wherever possible we will aim to be a paperless office so documents or property details will be emailed as a PDF document.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available for use by all visitors.
- If you are going to have to sign paperwork or collect keys please bring your own pen.
- If you or any of your household have symptoms please stay at home.
For valuation/instruction visits
Please be advised that whilst we will take all reasonable care to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus both homeowners/occupiers are ultimately responsible for their own personal safety and by inviting us into their home are doing so at their own risk.
Prior to Knights Property Services attending a valuation the following must be satisfied:
- The homeowner/occupier must confirm that they, or anyone within the household, have not had any symptoms within the last 10 days and does not have Coronavirus.
- The agent attending must confirm the same.
- The number of people in the property should be kept to a maximum of 2 and children/pets removed.
- If other occupants are unable to go out we ask that they wait in the garden or perhaps in the car for the duration of the visit.
- The homeowner /occupier will clean the property including any door handles etc before the visit.
- The agent will wear a face covering.
- The homeowner /occupier should wear a face covering.
- A 2 metre distance should be maintained between the occupants and the agent wherever possible.
- Under no circumstances should hands be shaken.
- To limit the amount of time spent within the property price discussions and marketing plan may be discussed via a video/telephone call or via email after the visit.
For instruction visits/take on appointment:
- Wherever possible the property will be vacated for the duration of our visit, either by providing a key or the homeowner/occupiers going out.
- The homeowner /occupier will clean the property including any door handles etc before the visit and leave internal doors/cupboards open.
- The agent may need to move some items for photographs etc, any items touched will be wiped down with antibacterial wipes or spray before we leave the property.
- Any paperwork requiring signature can be sent via AdobeSign (or similar) for electronic signature.
- We will need sight of ID, i.e. both photo ID and proof of address, if possible we would ask these be left out for inspection.
- Property particulars will be emailed for approval prior to listing the property.
Please see our separate policy
Thank you for your cooperation, let’s stay safe and do what we do best.
From everyone at Knights Property Services
For all the latest information about the Coronavirus ( Covid-19) Please visit the links below:
Selling or Renting
What’s your property worth?
Free instant online valuation.