“In Before Christmas”
If you’ve ever done a long car journey with children, you’ll no doubt have heard; ‘Are we there yet?’
As estate agents in Camberley we’ve been serving people here for many years.
And during that time, we have heard a few phrases repeated constantly.
The top one from vendors and buyers is ‘we want to be in before Christmas.’
Remember most people selling a home are moving to another home. And most people see Christmas as a great time to be settled into a new property.
The average house sale takes 10- 14 weeks from the moment a sale is agreed.
But how do you give yourself the best possible chance of being ‘in for Christmas’? Here are five easy, peasy tips from the Knights Property Services team.
- Contact estate agents at the start of September to come to your property and give you valuations.
- Instruct the agent who you think will get you the best price in the shortest possible time (don’t just go for the cheapest fee, as cheap won’t leave you cheerful when it comes to selling a home).
- Instruct a solicitor who has come recommended. A good solicitor is key to getting everything sorted in a time scale that suits you. You shouldn’t have to chase your solicitor to get things done, they are working for you after all.
- The run up to Christmas is always a busy time for good removal firms. There’s a reason why certain removal companies can do your move at the drop of a hat and it’s usually not a good one. With that in mind remember to get a free quote before you have a confirmed moving date – some firms will pencil you in, but this needs to be confirmed as soon as you know the completion date and when contracts have been exchanged.
- Throughout the process a good estate agent will keep in constant contact with you to ensure your sale is being handled well. This draws us back to our second point. Many agencies that charge rocket bottom fees deliver poor quality service with communication a victim of their price cutting. This can leave you out of pocket and stressed.
So, if you are looking to be ‘in for Christmas’ give us a call as we’d love to help you do exactly that.
Whether you are selling, buying, letting or renting, we’re here to help. Call Adil and our team on 01276 539111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for expert advice which is honest, accurate and informative.