Summer, a time when are gardens are in full bloom and our homes are looking their best. Even with the general election looming, it doesn’t seem to have stopped the seasonal desires to find a new home. Over the winter months gardens can become neglected, potential buyers want to see a garden they can just move into and enjoy the summer. To make sure you get your garden into tiptop condition, we have put together 8 simple steps to stage your garden for summer.
- Tidying – If your garden is overgrown and unruly, grab some gloves and garden shears and give it the chop. Trimming the bushes, weeding the flower beds and mowing the lawn will instantly give a neater appearance and the air of a well-kempt garden.
- Cleaning – The long British winter can leave a layer of slippery green grime over your entire garden, but this is easy to deal with. You can simply hire a jet wash and blast the grime off your decking and patio, making it look brand new again in no time.
- Freshening – If you’ve already tidied and cleaned your outdoor space but it is still looking a little un-loved, why not inject a bit of colour and life into your garden by splashing some colour onto your fences and shed. Not only will this add interest and character to your garden, but it will also show that it is well cared-for.
- Planting – Nothing says “its summer!!” better than blossoming trees and blooming flowers. So pop to your local garden centre and have a chat with the experts who will be able to advise you on which plants are low maintenance and will bloom in time for summer, making your garden really stand out to potential buyers.
- Furnishing – To really make our garden usable, almost like an extension of your house, you need to add some home comforts. Invest in some stylish and durable outdoor furniture to adorn your patio or decking and set the scene of al fresco living. Trust us, it is irresistible to house hunters!
- Lighting – Although the evenings are lighter for longer, a spot of outdoor lighting could make all the difference to how much you use your garden throughout the year. From solar powered ground lighting to overhead string lighting, you’ll be amazed at how a little more light can add a lot of atmosphere to your outdoor living space.
- Cooking – There’s something about al-fresco cooking that we all love! That smoky barbeque scent is a sign of summer, so your garden just wouldn’t be complete without a barbeque. If you’re feeling a little more adventurous, you can even get your hands on an outdoor pizza oven or a quirky chiminea instead.
- Relaxing – A garden is a space for all the family to enjoy and chill out on a sunny summer evening, so add some accessories and a touch of luxury to make it the oasis you all deserve. For the kids, you could get creative with swings and treehouses to ramp up the fun, and for the adults, why not splash out on a hot tub and some sun loungers to live the high life.
By following our essential garden staging tips, your outdoor space will become the envy of home hunters everywhere. For more advice on how to prepare your home for sale, contact a member of our team today on 01276 539111.
Why not try our free, quick and stress-free valuation? Head to our online form now. For a more in-depth valuation, speak to one of our expert Directors at Knights Property Services on 01276 539111